Saturday, September 27, 2008

This old house

For a while Brad has been saying how he was wanting to re-do the flower beds and make them bigger. So last week he started by breaking up the walkway and laying down this cobblestone path. Then yesterday he went to the nursery and picked a slew of beautiful plants, flowers and trees. He also had a huge pine tree moved from the front to the back bc it was kinda out of place and growing funny. Bro-Bro had fun watching him work while eating acorns, dirt and laughing at Sampson. Brad is to Nursery as Yvette is to Target:) When he was finished I drove by the house and it put our other half of the yard to shame. Brad is so good at do-it-yourself stuff. He's like my dad, he's so smart he can do anything,fix anything, make anything and be anything he wants!! I am blessed to have him as a hubby. He's definatley a man's man!! He tries to describe his thoughts to me but they're so detailed I make him draw it out for me. His next Project is to add to the house this winter..so hopefully he sticks to it and it turns out as good as his other projects:)



9 comments:

Izzy said...

Beautiful cobblestone path Brad! I love it! You are the Marco (Martha) Stewart of your time!

Can you add on to my house too while you are at it!?

Love you guys!

Izzy

Isaura said...

i always thought bradley was half mexican...i miss bro bro. i would have eaten acorns with him

Isaura said...

pS youa yard looks the bomb

lidia said...

I love your work.your home is the most georgeous arround your area....you are smart and good husband and father....We love you...

Kimberly said...

I love your walkway it is beautiful! I've always wanted a street light it looks great with the stone around it.

Ruben said...

BRAD I CHALLENGE YOU TO A YARD THROWDOWN NEXT SUMMER!

Ruben said...

(just don't tell alicia or she'll tell me i can't spend more than $20)

Janna said...

I obviously didn't see this before we dropped by today!!! haha, i'm a dork. adam was telling me how great it looked & he was right. it looks awesome. if i had more $$$$ i'd have your husband come and totally redo my yard. he's very talented.

Jennie's bunch said...

It looks beautiful!! Way to go Brad!!